The Irish Nomad

My work takes me to cities far and near, each different and (usually) exciting. The physical travel leads me on some revealing inner journeys as well. This is what happens when I write about it. And it's an excuse to vent, too, ya got me there.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

My Friend Asked Me What It All Meant.


I want to kiss you softly enough that my taste lingers on your lips for five days until your gravity pulls me back into your orbit.

I want to kiss you hard enough that you forget your name.

I want you to stop in the middle of your day, helpless gasping catching your breath, flooded by tingly memories of my chest against your back, naked warm, while I stroked your hair and the gods demanded your low rumbling moan of passion, as I whispered in your ear, white sands and waves and cat scratches and heartbeats in 8/4 time, the urgency of now and the harbinger of tomorrow.

I want to be that burning flush at your core that makes you itch alone under your covers, the force that compels you to lose yourself, passion pulling you heedless and gurgling into the waterfall, until you reach that noiseless time after and the sudden silence echoes with those 8/4 beats again.

I want you to come into the room while my eyes are still closed, but you know I'm awake and feeling you like a zephyr that stirs the muslin curtains, circling until you light, and I smell you, touch you, and finally, undeniable pleasure inexorably prolonged, open my eyes slowly to a gauzy focus picture of you, smiling, content, fulfilled, only because We Are.

I want to watch you dress in the morning while we pretend I'm asleep, because I want to see you move feline and foggy-slow at the same time.

I want to be there to catch you when you fall, and marvel from below as your new wings carry you whither they will.

I want to love you night by night as we lay together, chapters in our history book, walking that delicious tightrope between the moment called Now and the brass ring called All Our Tomorrows.

I want to create Us with a capital "U", this Third Thing, this relationship. I want to be there as we birth our new selves every time the sun's rays make love to our bed.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home